comm
Tuesday, December 27, 2011

#13 - The Little Bookshop @ Siglap

The Little Bookshop @ Siglap
687a East Coast Road, Level 2
Singapore 459055

Opening hours: 
Wed - Thu: 12:00 - 21:00
Fri: 13:00 - 22:00
Sat: 10:30 - 22:00
Sun: 10:30 - 21:00

Tel: 66773083
The Little Bookshop Facebook

I was actually on my way to check out Cheesecake Cafe, mentioned to me quite a few times by my friends.



However, i saw a chalkboard just before the cafe and it pointed in to a really striking red door. I knew i found a treasure immediately.





I really like how they made the door to look so attractive in the English style, and remember what i said about the importance of doors.




Behind the stubborn creaky door is a stairway and wow, i really love the feeling of suspense as i took my steps up.







This place actually sells books and the cafe seems more like a sideline, so as to provide the readers some refreshments while they spend their day reading there. I went in the morning so I was the first and only customer there.

I really wonder, because it's so well-hidden, do they really earn enough to pass the day?



The interior was very straightforward, yet cosy.










Freaky santa :(



Though the interior is rather different from the usual kind i like, but the sincerity to put up the place into somewhere cosy for people to read comfortably really made me feel very at home.

I was there alone but the place really made me enjoy SOLITARY so much! I felt like a kid exploring a new place and getting awed by small little things. Rather nostalgic, and it does remind me of primary school a little.


The Food

Because it wasn't a planned trip, I really did not expect anything from the food, but i was so so wrong.



This small little Orange Kissed Brownie really surprised me! It was served straight from the fridge so it was still cold and a little hard.

After the coldness melts in the mouth within 1second, the mixed taste of chocolate, a tint of orange and crunchy sugar bits immediately explodes. It was so good!

The brownie was really soft until inexistent, so i tasted the chocolate and orange bits mostly. Definitely a must try for sugar toothed!

Not to mention, this brownie was only $2!!!!!!!!!!








I believe the white layer is a mix of orange flavour and sugar.

This was the only thing i tried but I am curious about its other menu items too! Shall go back again if i pass by!


The Menu



Besides the brownie, the rest are rather cafe-pricey but i think they do not carry service tax.

 Some set deals as well!


The Friend
  
Was actually waiting for Celine at the cafe..


Goodbye to the door!

COMMENTS

0 comments: